Kevin Ang was born in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and is a freelance illustrator, animator and designer who has worked in a broad range of fields from film to broadcast to biotech and hi tech. He won an Emmy for his work on the CW television network and was one of the animators on the feature film A Scanner Darkly, directed by Richard Linklater and based on a novel by Philip K. Dick. He also created visual effects for Actual Films’ documentary, The Rape of Europa, chronicling the pillage of great works of art and monuments throughout Europe during WWII.
He is currently working as a storyboard artist and motion graphics designer with various clients.
In his personal work, he distills the whimsical, tender, and mystical moments that manifest themselves in all ways and forms.
The artwork of Kevin Ang. on Display at The Velcro Gallery From May 15st to July 30, 2011
Open Reception, June 2nd.
12 x 12 in
2. Josephine Baker 3000 digital 20 x 16
3. Let Go digital 20 x 16 in
4. Hello from Bhutan digital 8 x 8
5. Hush digital 8 x 8
6. Timeless Moonlit Walk digital 12 x 16
7. A Helping Hand digital 20 x 16
8. Be Still digital 20 x 16 in
9. Wild Presence digital 16 x 20 in
10. Swept Away digital 16 x 20 in
11. Lovebirds digital 20 x 16 in
12. One of these is not like the other… digital 20 x 16 in